Books we recommend, offering useful information about lilium-species and their adequate cultivation:
- The lily species and their bulbs, Pontus Wallstén
- The lilies of China, Haw, Stephen G.
- Lilies. A revision of Elwes’ Monograph of the Genus Lilium and its Supplements, Synge Patrick
- Lilium, Frederic P. Miller
- Growing Lilies, Derek Fox
- Lilies, their Culture and Management, Woodcock, H. Drysdale
- Lilies of the World, Hubert Drysdale Woodcock, William Thomas Stearn
- Lilies: A Guide for Growers and Collectors, McRae, Edward Austin
- Lilies and related Plants, RHS magazines
Books for propagating lilies (and other plants) in-vitro under artificial conditions, aiming at the different steps and processes like tissue-culture, sub-culture, medium-recipes, phyto-hormones, inducing callus-formation, provoking rooting, influencing shoot-development, re-plating seedlings, finalizing the in-vitro phase and how to acclimatize and prepare the plants for their life ex-vitro:
- Applications of Plant Tissue Culture, Kumar Suresh K., Ponmurugan P.
- Plant Cell and Tissue Culture. A Laboratory Manual, Reinert J., Yeomann M.
- Plant Tissue Culture: Protocols In Plant Biotechnology, M. Gayatri
- Plant tissue-culture. Theory and practicals, Pullaiah T.
- Phytohormones, F.W. Went
- Experiments in Plant tissue culture, John Dodds, Lorin Roberts